Salient features of training programs designed for SharePoint end users

Among the various versatile application platforms, SharePoint introduced by Microsoft is considered to be the leader. This is because SharePoint platform is a combination of different independent applications like the web content management, personal cloud, workflow management, intranet, extranet and  various other related applications. Considering the versatile applications of this platform, several institutions have started SharePoint end-user training programs. These training programs have been of immense benefit for those who are interested in office management tooling techniques.

Upgraded at regular intervals:

Like any other application platform, even SharePoint platform is upgraded by Microsoft at regular intervals. Every time it is upgraded, extra utilities are added into the platform. The end user training programs have been envisaged so as to keep the trainees fully aware of every utility made available in the successive versions of SharePoint.

Ideal for different end users:

The SharePoint end-user training programs are specially designed to cater to the needs of various professional applications. For example, there are courses specially drawn for site collection administrators, branding, workflow, BI solutions and or such other applications. In addition to these, there are exclusive training programs for administrators, core solutions for MS SharePoint Server and for such other end users.

Exclusively drawn training programs:

In every application, relevance of the platform for the end user is always a matter of concern. Keeping this in view, SharePoint end-user trainingprograms have been envisaged. An insight into the salient features of this program is furnished here:

·        The programs are customized to the needs of the group or organization. The training programs are intended to enhance productivity without compromising on the quality. The courses are provided onsite, and each batch consists of three or four trainees. Training will be given at the client’s place.

·        The courses are designed to give a comprehensive view of the platform design structure and also details of library app. Extensive training is also given on  issues like creating web page and customizing various web parts. In addition to this, training is also given on workflow, tasks and interaction with MS office and online drive.

·        Wherever it is found necessary, training is imparted by making use of video and such other teaching aids. Trainees are also given enough hands-on  exercises, which enable them to get familiarized with various utilities available in the platform. As a matter of fact, the entire course is divided into about 40% classroom work and the remaining 60% hands on exercises.

·        In addition to in-house training, some of the institutions also provide online training programs on SharePoint. However, the online training program will have slightly modified course content. This has been done keeping in view the special requirement of online courses.

·        The duration of course depends on the course content and such other issues. Every student is provided with training materials, which include book on MS SharePoint. Training programs are conducted by adequately qualified, trained and experienced faculty. In fact, many of the faculties have rich work experience in various aspects of SharePoint applications.

Minimum qualification:

The course fee is dependent on the course content and the duration of a training program. Normally, students undergoing this training program are supposed to possess some basic qualification. This differs on the institution that conducts the training program.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *